The tonal value is more about the layers of cutting than actual tone of the drawing- but it should end up similar- light around the figure, etc..
I also had a bit of trouble composing them so that the cutting all happens on the right hand page - I hope it doen't throw the depth off too much? theoretically, I could have it in the middle of the book...but that's mean the centreline would be a dip, rather than flat like it is on the inside cover. It'd also mean I could only make it half as deep.
all the creepy trees are reaching towards the figure & circling in, possibly the fae is a silhouette whose hand is also reaching in? I could possibly make the human a little smaller and more vunerable here...but I also want to be able to show their facial expression
I also thought about making it so on the other end of the book there's another slightly different view? from the faery's view maybe? and because the books have no obvious front or back, it'd bring some more randomness into
I am not sure if i'll have time to do this though.
****
this is more of a calm balanced compostition - still kinda creepy though. because they're making a deal, the human thinks they're in control of the situation, etc
and maybe
***
and this is more of a happy, less creepy, one. has more rhythm and movement going around in a circle - because dancing. I' not sure if it has enough of the
-I'm not sure if it'll look terrible with only the right side cut out? maybe I won't cut so much? it will make the focal point more on the human though.
and then maybe the fae watching from through the trees like a creep. i feel like i need to show him more....being shaken off? though I guess I am focusing more on the embracing the demons sort of thing....maybe he can be in the ^ above version too...
I also did some clothing design for the characters:
the faery's clothes are always the same because fae are eternal and unchanging and all that

No comments:
Post a Comment