Thursday, 22 September 2016

Faery character design

-I watched Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell because Tanya suggested it - because it has faeries. I really loved the fey morally, and all the plot stuff about bargains and trickery and the eternal dance, etc but the actual designs of the fey were super boring.
I like my faeries to be more nonhuman looking, not just with weird white hair/eyebrows. Also for their clothing to be a lot more ethereal looking and/or made of plants or something else naturey.


The main aspects I want in my faery are:

  • antlers/horns/branches/ some combination of the three
    • this references the devil in the song, since devils generally have horns
    • it can also look quite regal/crown like, and my faery is supposed to be a faery king or at least one of the gentry
    • often oberon has some kind of horns in his character design, and I want him to be an  oberon-like character
    • it also adds a nonhuman aspect
  • having him look nonhuman, ethereal maybe
  • being similarly designed as the forest around him, eg having antlers that look like the branches of the trees
  • look slightly creepy and powerful, but not necessarily 100% evil - Like he could be the antagonist or the wise person who gives you advice (which might not be the best advice to help you but..)





a few inspiration pictures
Warframe - Oberon Custom, Francois Cannels on ArtStation at https://www.artstation.com/artwork/g9EGL: art things: Art by Olivia Margraf-Posta* • Blog/Website | (http://sketcholivia.tumblr.com) ★…: I love this one - especially the face and horns
Mainly pinning to remind myself to research Native American folklore for ideas…: Court of the Forest King. The Fae Court is hidden in a realm outside that of…:  having a covered face or skull(?) face adds some creepiness- but perhaps too much?
Mamo|nn|A's porn deals: Herne, Lord and King of the hunt. Herne the hunter. In my Pagan spirituality, he…: the-secret-war:  The Horned God of the deep woods…: forest:  - This one looks a bit too nice, but I love how they have bark skin and moss

This is how I picture Oberon. :D ^ He looks like benedict cumberbatch... which is fine by me <3:

No comments:

Post a Comment