Saturday, 17 September 2016

another book cut test.

-the drawing and colouring is very rough, obviously




things I learned from this:
  • don't try to cut it right after gluing the pages because they'll rip.
  • It's actually a lot easier to cut the pages when they're not stuck together?
  • but if I want to have each layer stuck together (for strength, and so it's easy to turn each section over) it's probably easier to glue it before cutting
  • make sure every part of every page is glued and there aren't gaps
  • using watercolour/ink that's very wet will make the pages buckle so probably not a good idea. gouache works well for highlight, if I want to do them? keeping it mostly grayscale might be better. but i'll think about that more later.
  • in terms of the actual composition and illustration of what's happening -I was less focusing on that than the technical side of this, but I feel like it doesn't make enough sense
    • it isn't that obvious that the silhouette of the faery is the same as the faery in the second part? maybe if the acale wasn't so different? but that leads to diffuculties with what parts are covered, etc.
    • OR maybe there could be some kind of...sparkly magical action lines? (in the second one) going from the back of the silhouette where he was to where he is now, in the ring.
    • I feel like when it's more detailed it might help - I need to actually design the characters, and if there's like, some spellbooks and candles and other stuff associated with summoning that might help?



No comments:

Post a Comment